Air Pollution Control
Air pollution is the human introduction into the atmosphere of chemicals, particulate matter, or biological materials that cause harm or discomfort to humans or other living organisms, or damages the environment.Air pollution causes deaths and respiratory disease.Pollutants produced by human activity include:
- Sulfur oxides (SOx) especially sulfur dioxide are emitted from burning of coal and oil.
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx) especially nitrogen dioxide are emitted from high temperature combustion. Can be seen as the brown haze dome above or plume downwind of cities.
- Carbon monoxide is colourless, odourless, non-irritating but very poisonous gas. It is a product by incomplete combustion of fuel such as natural gas, coal or wood.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2), a greenhouse gas emitted from combustion.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC), such as hydrocarbon fuel vapors and solvents.
- Particulate matter (PM), measured as smoke and dust. PM10 is the fraction of suspended particles 10µm in diameter and smaller that will enter the nasal cavity. PM2.5 has a maximum particle size of 2.5µm and will enter the bronchies and lungs.
- Ammonia (NH3) emitted from agricultural processes.
- Odors, such as from garbage, sewage, and industrial processes.
- Particulate matter formed from gaseous primary pollutants and compounds in photochemical smog, such as nitrogen dioxide.
- Ground level ozone (O3) formed from NOx and VOCs.
- Peroxyacetyl nitrate (PAN) similarly formed from NOx and VOCs.
Air Pollution Control Systems
Roots Enviro System provides control devices to destroy contaminants or will reduce the contamination to an acceptable exhaust air quality as set by the regulatory authority. Our systems are always cheaper, efficient than competing systems. Overall, we give our valued customers one year of free maintenance.
- Pulsejet Filter
- Venturi Scrubber
- Wet Scrubber
- Spary Tower
Acid Gas Control
- Dry Scrubber
- Wet Scrubber
- Bio Filters